About Me

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Im 31 married to alex and have 2 wonderful children Brandon 5 and Caden 2. I work Full Time but in my spare time (what little i get) i love crafting. Im still really new to crafting and even more recently (last couple of months) taken up stamping!!! i love stamping and have 2 very dear crafting friends to thank for my new love
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

My hubby's 30th birthday

My hubby turned 30 a couple of weeks ago so I decided to make him a special card! Took me ages and it went wrong several times.
He's ex REME so I knew it had to have the REME colours in the card so I based my whole design around the REME colours! The creativity came to me whilst having lunch at our local craft shop with 2 very dear crafting friends of mine. I used pro markers to colour in the digi stamps. Anyway here's the card, hope you all like I had to print the dig stamp out 3 times and it took a life time to cut it out! the things we do :)

I would like to ender the following challenges http://cardsformen.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/challenge-10-kicking-back.html http://ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/challenge-116-hat-pins-and-charms.html

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Marie and welcome to blogland. I am sure your hubby loved his card. An unusual but dramatic image, great for a bloke's card & which goes perfectly with the added charm. Thank you for joining us this week at I ♥ Promarkers and good luck.
    Tine :)
    ps - it helps to post the actual card you are entering for a challenge rather than your blog. Confusing to beginners I know. The way to do this is to click the title of your blogpost
    so that it opens a page with only the relevant card on it. In this instance the address would be:

    http://mypreciouspretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/my-hubby-30th-birthday.html

    That is the blog address you post into a challenge. (Makes sure commenters go straight to the right card). Hope this helps and happy crafting. Looking forward to you joining us next time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, Hubby must have been chuffed to bits to have received this for his birthday, so dramatic and your fussy cutting looks amazing, you certainly have patience. There's nothing messy about your colouring either, i looked at your sat can image and it looks good to me, you just need to learn about layering your colours. I can recommend the following site for tutorials (she uses Copic markers but the principal is the same for all pens really!) - http://colormecopic.blogspot.co.uk/
    Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers this week and good luck and hope to see you again soon,
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments and tips its really appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A unusual image and I love the colouring. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete